GNS3 High Processor Usage

Guyes,
I was experienced an issue while doing labs in GNS3 that processor usage is going high after a certain time. Althogh it was not high in always and only at some occasion I have experienced problem.
The first thing comes in out mind to apply the best idlepc value which I already did. The idlepc values was ok with me and I am using from quite of time. I was using the following topology to run on my Dell Inspiron 640 notebook (2.0 GHz Core2Due with 2GB Ram).
The problem I found that while working on one router’s terminal session the others routers was going to logout me from their sessions and processor usage was going to high.
To resolve this I applied the following commands on the all routers.

Router(config)#line console 0
Router(config-line)#session-timeout ?
<0-35791> Session timeout interval in minutes
Router(config-line)#session-timeout 0 0
Router(config-line)#


The above allowed me to set the session to not time-out which was set for 10 minutes by default and Lab not giving the above problem any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment